Friday 16 January 2015

Warner Brother Tour Take 2

For Christmas (be the loving girlfriend I am) I brought myself and Jack tickets to go to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter. 
Some of you may already know well that's if you've read my blog for a while that back in 2012 I had visited the Tour with my good friends Deeya and Rachael.
When I went the first time I didn't really get to take everything in as I was just in awe of everything. However this time was different I picked up on all the little things that I missed last night for example  The sword of Gryffindor in Dumbledore's Office or the creepy hand from Borgen and Burke's.
I planned this trip very strategically as in the winter the Studio Tour undergoes a little make over called 'Hogwarts in the Snow'. During this transformation they put out all their Christmas decorations and tree. Anyone who has been knows one of the first sets you visit on the tour is the Great Hall. This too was all Christmasy with 4 tress out and both house tables covered in festive foods.





In the theme of Hogwarts in the Snow we learned the how snow and ice were created for the films. I don't know what I was expecting but I defiantly wasn't expecting that for sure! I don't want to crush the hopes and dreams for any of the other fans because you look at Hogwarts during the winter in a completely different light - it's Quidditch all over again!

You can't go to the Studio Tour without having a go on the broomstick and I already had a go once before but how can I not! Although as Jack and I were queuing for me to have and go on the broomstick he suggested and that we go in the flying Ford Anglia. As a couple we are awful at having pictures taken together but this one is my favourite. 
Did you know that there are only 3 places in the whole world where you can purchase butterbeer? London is one of those 3 so being there how could I not dabble in a bit of butterbeer drinking? 
Plus you just have to get a souvenir cup when you get you refreshing butterbeer! Although you do face the dilemma of what to do with your cup once you've finished. There's nowhere to wash it out and it's really sticky. 

One of the most beautiful things I saw that day was the Hogwarts castle covered in snow.
It was so breathtakingly stunning. If my phone wasn't running out of battery I could have easily stood there for another hour just looking at it. I mean it's stunning throughout the duration of the year but seeing it covered in a blanket of snow was something else entirely!



After you leave the castle room you enter the room on wand boxes. Anyone you had worked on any of the film in the slightest from extras to set designers to directors to the main cast who we know and love earned themselves a wand box. Jack and I found quite a few of the main cast. But we did spend a go 20 minutes finding them - it is really tricky.







After a good 4 hours of walking around appreciating all the efforts of everything everyone put into these films and about 350 pictures between the two of us the tour had come to an end to our dismay. But there was always money to spend in the gift shop and that's exactly what I did. I was given Quidditch Through the Ages for christmas from mumma and papa so in spirit of having the whole collection I purchased Tales of Beedle the Bard and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Along with those to book I picked up the Film Wizardry due to the persistence of Paige and you can't go there without picking up a house keyring! So I grabbed a Slytherin keyring for myself and a Gryffindor one for Paige. Jack on the other hand walked out with nothing. 
After a very long day it was time for the two of us to head home in Scarlet in the hope that soon we will be back. 

Have any of you guys been on the tour before?
Or have you been a multitude of times?
that's all for now

ciao chickas

No comments: