Saturday 11 January 2014

How My Nail Polish Collection Grew Over The Festive Season

I must say I have been VERY good this festive season as I haven't purchased any nail polish, how good is that?! Okay I might be fibbing a little, what I couldn't help myself it was in a gift set! You know what I'm not even sorry as the two colours I purchased I wore most of November and December. Anyway over the Christmas period I gained 13 bottles of nail polish, that is right, I gained 13 bottles to my already overflowing nail polish collection. Not that I am complaining in the slightest. 
L-R; Nicole by OPI Yellow It's Me, Studio London
Peach and Red

Mum and Dad are know very aware at the extent my addiction to nail polish is. Therefore they thought it would be a clever idea to buy me a bottle of nail polish from on of my favourite brands. My Nan decided to give me an 8 bottle gift set with 2 nail effects for Christmas. I'd never actually owned anything from Studio London before so when I had got in I did a tiny bit of research and was soon disappointed that they don't give cool and funky names to their products, boo!

L-R; Dark Green, Glitter and Black and Gold
L-R; Hot Pink, Baby Pink and Taupe
Essie's Chinchilly and Bahama Mama,
OPI Mariah Carey Visions of Love, Warm Me Up,
All Sparkly and Gold, Wonderours Star
Peach and Gold Glitter
 Although I had never heard of this brand before I am very pleased with the formulation of the nail lacquer and you only need two coats tops but with the lighter colours you need a minimum of 3. 
Now onto my naughty Essie purchase, well I don't really have an excuse. The only thing I can say is that they're really pretty colours with awesome names and so festive, am I right?! 
Now one of my bestest friends in the whole world Deeya was so kind and knows me to well and gave me and OPI Mariah Carey gift set for Christmas, eeek! I generally was so excited I started to squeal when I was unwrapping the present. Although I am disappointed by the size of the actually bottle 3.75ml they are so tiny! But the colour pay off certainly doesn't disappoint, even the glitter 'overcoats' they are so opaque you can wear them as a base rather than an over coat. 


Hope you enjoyed reading something new
Did you get any new polishes over Christmas?
toodle-pip me lovelies 

No comments: