Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Mug of Makeup Brushes


First of all I would just like to clarify that I am not 40, my dad got this mug from his mum and he didn't want plus I need a place to put all my brushes so it was a win-win situation. Anyway this mug contains all my 14 makeup brushes and most of them I do actually use and some I only use when I'm going out and I want a really well done makeup look. My brush collection consists of 7 Real Technique brushes, 2 Barry M, 1 Urban Decay brush, 1 The Body Shop brush, 1 Eco Tools brush and a brush from a brand that I'm not sure what the name is.

The Expert Face brush
L-R; Deluxe Crease brush, Shader
brush, Brow brush, Fine Liner
brush and Accent brush
The expert face brush happened to be the first makeup brush I ever purchased myself and I really don't know why. I had heard some many good things about Real Techniques from a lot of Beauty Bloggers/Gurus. The thing that pulled me in was that they were affordable and stocked in the local drugstores. Plus I had been alternating between applying my foundation with my hands (which made me very patchy) and makeup sponges (which ended falling part) so I opted for the famous expert face brush and I have not looked back since this very purchase my brush collection has increased dramatically. As I stated earlier I have a collection of 7 Real Techniques brushes the next brush I added to the collection was the blush brush, it is a perfect shape to apply blush and picks up a lot of colour so you don't need to put at lot on the brush.
The Blush brush
So by March time is was pretty much an advocate for Real Technique's brushes so the next type of brushes I wanted to add to my collection were the eye brushes and at that time I had been relying solely on my urban decay double ended eye makeup brush that came with the naked 2 palette. But every time I went to get them they were out of stock (boo!) however my wonderful little Aimee gave them to me for my birthday and I've been using them ever since, they are so handy!
As I mentioned this little baby used to be my holy grail of makeup brushes as it happened to be the only one I owned and only because I got it free with my Naked 2 palette. However, it goes without saying this is a very good brush for starting out. It has a flat shading brush at one end and a fluffy crease brush at the other. This is everything you could want in a good brush, but saying that there are many brushes out there that are better than this one quality wise. 

This little beauty just above it absolutely brilliant for apply bronzer, it must say it is very similar to the Real Techniques Duo Fibre brushes in the way it applies the product to your face. A little bit of product on this brush certainly does go a long way.

Barry M Powder Brush 
Barry M Shading Brush
EcoTools Crease Brush 
Right so after careful consideration (I say careful consideration - I just needed it!) I decided to purchase the Barry M powder brush as I had no brush to do so. This brush is great as it doesn't pick up a lot of the product onto the brush which then in turn would make you look cakey (fist pump). In the same purchase I picked up this little beauty on the right is the Barry M shading brush and I give you 2 guesses on what it is used for. That's right applying eyes shadow to the eyelid. Now there are two more important brushes left to mention and both are equally as amazing. I originally brought the Body Shop angle brush for gel liner and lining my eyelids with dark eye shadows but I now use to to shape and fill in my brows. I would not be able to live without this brush - cant be dealing with pencils anymore. Lastly is the EcoTools blending brush and yet again I purchased for a different purpose to how i use it now. I originally purchased it to use as a concealer brush but that lasted about a week and I saw its full potentially as a blending brush.
The Body Shop Angle Brush




Hope you enjoyed reading something new
what are your favourite makeup brushes?
toodle-pip me lovelies 







No comments: