Sunday 30 March 2014

March Beauty Favourites

It is now the end of March and I finally get to do my first 'Favourites' post which I have to admit I'm kinda excited about. Any-who let's get straight to it.



First up is Beauty and Hair Care(ish) and couple a few of these were rediscoveries, many of them are my everyday holy grails and some are brand spanking new. So I recently decided spring is the time I'm going to start to wear more lip colours and going through my very small make-up collection I came back across my first lipstick Maybelline ColourSensational Sweet Pink 132 (which is still available in stores, I checked). It's that cliche your lips but better colour. I hate to say it but it really is and it has a satin finish so your lips get have a slightly glisten after applying it, will be getting a lot of use this spring. Whilst in my minuscule lip collection I pulled out my Bourjois ColourBoost in Fuchsia Libre. It was one of the first lip crayons in the drugstores after Clinque's Chubby Sticks and most bloggers/YouTuber's are all fans of the Colour Boost's (if I'm being honest that is the reason why I went out to get them in the first place). Anyway it's a lovely brightish berry pink and if your looking to start wearing brighter colours on your lips (like me) then this is perfect! Now if you've been reading my blog for a little bit then you'll know my parents so generously gave me a Mac Palette for christmas with 6 shadows with it and this month I finally gave in and added to the palette with a cult classic Sable. It's a golden-plum colour with a bronze pearl finish to it and is a frost finish. Mac shadows are so pigmented and very buttery so they go onto the lids so easy with barely any fallout.
I've had my tangle teezer for quite a while but only now doing my first favourites I thought it deserves it's rightful place in my favourites as I use it everyday, between us I'm considering getting the tangle teezer aqua splash as they are just brilliant. I don't know if it's just me but I feel my hair is softer after using my teezer.


Now I know I have a very unhealthy obsession with nail polish and Essie nail Lacquer in particular. So choosing my favourite polish of the month was a toughy but before going on my Essie binge last week the two colours I was always reaching for happened to be After School Boy blazer which is a very dark almost black navy and Tart Deco which is a lighter coral (again with the corals! I can't help myself). I know the two colours are at completely different ends of the colour spectrum and from two different season collections but what can I say I'm a sucker for blues and corals. Along with my Essie lacquers I've been loving OPI matte topcoat and wearing it with every manicure. You can change up a manicure so much with the matte topcoat, it's brilliant and I highly recommend.



Going clothes shopping is something I enjoy but not as much a beauty product shopping is why I haven't got many fashion favourites this month but a trend I have been loving is the swing tops due to my love for this trend I have purchased 3 of this style of top in black, Jade and peach. Also I'm in love with my baggy light denim 'acid wash' jeans especially paired with my white hi-top converse and a swing top. I've been wearing that look quite a lot this month. I have one accessory favourite this month and that is my new person and I give you one guess at what colour it is, of course it is peach.


What are your favourites for this month?
toodleip me lovelies 

Beth xx

No comments: