Sunday 23 March 2014

My Spring Manicure

Recently I went on a little trip to my local boots and went on an Essie binge (as you know from my previous blog post). So I've been slowly testing out different combinations and found this one to be my favourite at the moment. I say at the moment because let's face it I'm going to by new spring nail polish and find a new favourite combination but eh who cares?

When I'm giving myself a home manicure I always start my filing them and creating a nice round shape (as you do). Taking my buffing cuboid thing I follow the steps on it until I'm finished. Don't forget to push those cuticles back when giving yourself a manicure and for that I recommend the Burt's Bees lemon cuticle cream it keeps your cuticles hydrated therefore easier to push back and doesn't hurt either.

Now onto the best bit the actual nail painting. I start off my using China Glaze's strong adhesive base coat and when it says strong it really means it. My nails last a good 3-4 days before chipping with this bad boy. Then I apply 2 coats of Essie's Mint Candy Apple and 3 coats of OPI All Sparkly And Gold for it to be completely opaque.
After applying the nail polish it's onto the top coats; I used China Glaze's Patent Leather Top Coat over OPI all sparkly and gold and OPI matte top coat over mint candy apple for the matte effect.
I have one more little nail care secret to share and that's China Glaze's Fast Freeze Quick Dry formulation and that stuff is the bomb as soon as you are done applying it your nails are touch dry. You have two options in the application of the fast freeze quick dry you can either paint it on with the brush or you can drop it on using the pipette they give you.
I highly recommend all the products I mentioned above especially the colours as a combination, it is Spring nail paint perfection!

what is your ideal spring manicure?
toodle-pip me lovelies 
Beth xx

4 comments:

Josie said...

Ooh that Essie shade looks great with the matte overcoat, I should really be more experimental with my nails!!!

Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

Unknown said...

You should really invest in the matte topcoat it is so worth the money and you can do so many looks with it! xx

Vanessa said...

So pretty...I like your blog.^^
Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
Let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa

Unknown said...

aww thanks a bunch :)
yeah i've just followed you
i'm looking ffoward to reading your posts
Beth xx