Saturday 23 November 2013

My First Essie

It was only a couple months ago when I purchased my very first Essie nail polish - it also happened to be Blue Rhapsody. Me being me I was doing a bit of online shopping and about to go to checkout until I decided this nail polish-aholic needed a new colour. Thus the purchase of Blue Rhapsody became my first as being from the UK there aren't many stores that sell Essie so online we must go. Mind you I did struggle making the choice as there was so many of the website to choose from – it did take me a good 10 minutes.  

Waiting for 3 days for my purchases is not one of my favourite things. Although coming home from school and seeing the package on my bed did bring me a bit of joy I must say. It wasn't long after I had taken it out of the packaging before I painted my nails with the newest addition to my collection. I generally was so excited as i had heard so many good things about the brand from all the beauty guru's on YouTube as well as my best friend Paige (who actually persuaded me to purchase my recent Essie polish (again she doesn't help with my addiction). 

I certainly was not disappointed with this product! The colour payoff is amazing it is so opaque and you can definitely get away with one coat but I prefer two coats as well as a top coat for the extra shine (I recommend Revlon quick dry top coat). Also with a wide brush application you can get the precision and control you want from a nail polish. The blue undertones of the silver are really brought out when in the sun. For this reason it makes for the perfect autumn/winter shade that you need in your collection. 
So what was your first Essie shade?
Hope you enjoyed reading something new
tata

No comments: