Sunday 10 November 2013

My Top 10 Perfumes

1. Enchanted Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
I have only recently added this scent to my collection but is by far my favourite perfume in a long time. When I'm choosing a new scent the bottle is taken into consideration and this bottle is cute! The golden charms really make you feel girly; this bottle just adds a bit of pzazz to your dressing table. Even though I'm not that kind of person that carries perfume in her handbag I would certainly purchase the 10 ml roller ball because the scent it just so damn good! The top notes of this scent includes passion fruit, wild berries and pink poppy; you can definitely smell the passion fruit. Whereas the base notes are vanilla and white musk, most people who review this perfume say it is a floral scent but I on the other hand feel like it is a very fruity scent and will linger throughout the day so you may only need to re-spritz at some point but only if you feel you need to.

2. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
This scent came in close second as I like really fruity scents and I feel like this is a tad too sweet but it is still in my top 10. Bottle is really similar to enchanted wonderstruck expect the bottle is a blue toned purple and the charms are different. The top notes include freesia, green tea, raspberry, dewberry and apple blossom and the raspberry is quite strong in the perfume. The base notes include musk and peach (I'm a sucker for a scent that includes peach). 
3. J-Lo Love and Glamour
Me, Aimee and my family we're off to France in the Summer of 2012. Silly ol' me had forgot to pack a bottle of perfume so I was rushing around the duty free looking for a cheap nice smelly perfume. I thought had picked up Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci but it wasn't the perfume it was the body lotion. So when I was on the plane I ended up purchasing Love and Glamour and is now one of my all time favourites. It is a floral fruity scent and you can really tell that. With tops notes of Italian mandarin and guava and heart notes of water lily and orchid it makes the perfect spring scent that is a must have for your handbag.

4. Hollister 
One of the nicest scents I've ever smelt. sweet, woody, fresh and a hint of citrus. If you've ever been in a Hollister store you would have smelt this. The only thing I have criticise  is the projection and longevity as it lasts a maximum of 5 hours. The price range for this scent is a bit high but if you are willing to pay the price for a good quality scent you will not be disappointed other than that it smells amazing. I would say it is a transitional summer into autumn scent but you can wear it at any point through the year

5. Prada Candy
If you have a sweet tooth this perfume is the perfect match for you. I really enjoy Prada Candy. As a lover of sweet, gourmand fragrances, it is hard for me not to! What I like the most is the fact that this perfumes so much more mature and elegant than many of the gourmand fragrances that come across as "young"  (Viva La Juicy, Jessica Simpson Fancy etc.). Also it's a very powdery warm scent with an intense note of caramel that overwhelms me. I just spritz a couple of very, very slight sprays on me, and I feel enchanted. It generally lasts on me from morning until afternoon, I think it all depends on how much you wear. This is the per autumn/winters night scent and is one of my favourites in my collection at the moment.

6. Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears
The second fragrance form Britney Spear's Fantasy line this was my first everyday scent and I have re-purchased it twice, that has to mean something right? With a blue round bottle and red diamantes it makes you feel very glamorous just owning it. The smell is the just something else with a blend of fruity and floral which will make you fall in love with it as well as be made as your must have scent for the spring. With top notes of raspberry and apricot blossom and base notes of musk, violet candy and vanilla this perfume is something to put on your Christmas wish list girls.

7. Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears 
Midnight fantasy was one of the first perfumes I ever purchased with my own money (mind you it was after Christmas but it was still my own money). I was mainly drawn to this particular because of the celebrity that released the scent as I had all the fragrances from the line other than this one. However after I got it home it became my new everyday scent replacing love etc. I must say it is more on the sweeter side than the floral; with top notes of plum, black cherry and framboise it makes an outfit complete every time you spray it.  

8. Body Shop Love Etc. 
Love etc. by The Body Shop presents love as universal strength. This seductive, hot and exciting perfume is composed of neroli, pear and bergamot in top notes. A heart introduces jasmine, heliotrope and lily of the valley, while a base encompasses vanilla, sandalwood and creamy musk. It is a good combination with The Body Shop's pink grapefruit body butter as the two scent really do compliment each other. In my opinion it is the ideal summer scent and I highly recommend this fragrance and on the plus side it is really affordable.

9. Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci
Ricci Ricci has been a favourite of mine ever since my dad purchased it as a gift from my mumma for her birthday a couple of years ago. Since then I would have a cheeky smell of it and I just melt every time. I don't normally like floral scents but this one perfume I just can't help but enjoy. With top notes of rhubarb and base notes of sandalwood it is a grown up scent and most wearable in the evening maybe even on date night. The bottle is the cutest as well if you are a girly person it is a must have a completely pink bottle and in the shape of a ribbon what more can a girly girl ask for?

10. Nude by Rihanna 
Nude is the newest sweet to my collection and from the first sniff I was in love it is ideal blend of fruity and sweet scents. There is also a very subtle floral scent of orange blossom, jasmine and gardenia. The top notes consist of pear, guava and mandarin. The bottle is very sophisticated with it's simplicity - they do say less is more and here they are  quite right. I would say it's more of a day time scent perfect for a day out with the girls. This is the third scent from Rihanna's collection and it too is equally as successful as the previous two.


Hope you enjoyed reading something new
byeeeee :)



No comments: