Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Day In A Life Of A Sixth Former...

Well where do I start?
The getting ready.
It typically starts with my alarm (which is the result of all my early morning starts) going off at 6.30 am; mind you I always snooze it until about 6.45. After all the procrastination I eventually get out of bed and pop to the bathroom to start my morning routine. My bathroom business normally takes about 5-10 minutes. I wonder to my afterwards to put on my "uniform" for school, normally it's just a black skirt/trousers, t-shirt/blouse and a pair of shoes. I'll tell you a story for the reason why I don't get in jeans, hoodies and converse to school and the reason is my headteacher. He decided that it would prepare us for later life by making up wear business suits - did he not realise that we're off to university after sixth form and we can wear what the hell we want? Obviously not. Once I'm all fresh and dressed I get to my favourite part of getting ready my hair and makeup! I don't do much to my hair; normally I straighten and pin my fringe back. But on the days that i feel like mixing it up a little I will curl it. With my makeup I'll do a blog post on my routine otherwise you all will be reading this for god knows how long. So, normally after getting ready I will pop downstairs and say good morning to my gorgeous dogs and grab a bite to eat then head out the door to meet my awesome friends.

The journey to school.

Leaving my house on time is a challenge for me as something happens at home, I end up forgetting something or I just running late. I aim to leave at 7.30 am to meet my friends Aimee, Deeya and Rachael for 7.45 am and continue our extra 2 mile journey to our school. My friends and I have some very odd conversations to say the least but they are quite peculiar in the mornings and especially on a Monday morning. Anyway a Morrisons has quite recently been built our town as we walk past the supermarket I text my other friend Paige (who lives further away from us four) to tell her we're on our way. Eventually after a 45 minute walk to school we get there at 8.15 am. Now it is the winter months our school has decided to give us free tea, toast, cereal and squash which is nice to warm you up when it is cold mmmm.

The day.
My day isn't that bad actually. As I only have 3 subject i don't actually have many lessons. Oh forgot to mention all my lessons are 40 minutes each. I have 15 free periods per week and only 21 lessons per week plus I finish at 1.00 pm every Friday, woo! Anyway going off track Beth, today was Wednesday so I only had maths lesson 7&8 and physics lessons 4&5 the rest of the time I just chill with my friends in our sixth form common room watch films/tv on our laptops, eat and just chat most of the time. So what did I in my physics lesson physicsy stuff not like I pay attention in class as I taught myself the course over half term and in maths I made posters for my classroom (on A2 maths of course). 

The walk home. 
Today's walk home was awful! It was raining but not proper rain that drizzly rain that gets you SOAKED! Although i did have the company of Rach, Paige, Riley (that's a girl by the way) and Rory. We ended up talking about what we think the best rap battle of history episodes were. For it is the Mozart vs. Skrillex if you haven't seen them go check them out they are so funny and worth watching I promise you!  

At home.
When I get home I don't normally do much other than get changed, play with my dogs and watch some TV until dinner like tonight except I'm writing for you guys. This is pretty much a day in the life of me expect Friday I work on a Friday so it is a little different but only a little.

Hope you enjoyed reading something new
have a great evening guys!
speak to you soon :) 

No comments: