Saturday 12 April 2014

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons

About a year ago Tanya Burr started raving about these amazingly pigmented lip crayons that were the revolution of the decade within the beauty world. This product happened to be the Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayons. After I had watched countless videos of Tanya going on about how great they were I went out and grabbed myself two, maybe three okay all four! However my validation is that they are very pretty and I needed them all!

So the colour boosts come in four shades in 01 Red Sunrise, 02 Fuchsia Libre, 03 Orange Punch and 04 Peach on the Beach (until recently when the released another two; 05 Red Island and 06 Plum Russian). 


The great thing about these little guys is that they have a twistable end so no need to sharpen. As Tanya Burr raved about and I can firmly agree with is they are highly pigmented and very buildable you can either wear is very sheer with maybe one/two coats or very bold with 4-6 coats. Along with great pigmentation they are very moisturising and I feel like I'm wearing lip balm instead of a lip colour (well they are a balm, durr). They are also very glossy or if you don't like they look of your lips being glossy you can take away the shine by blotting you lips with some tissue.
Lastly they have a wear time of 2.5-3 hours at the most but I feel they leave your lips tinted in the colour you wear once if has wore off but that's just my opinion.

01 Red Sunrise is more of a pinky red and I only wear this shade when I'm off out for a special meal or something as I don't wear a bold lip often. 03 Orange Punch and 04 Peach on the Beach are definitely more suitable for the day as they are more subtle than 01 Red Sunrise but if you build up the colour it can look quite bold. I see myself reaching for 03 Orange Punch which is a lovely coral/orange (obviously I love it) colour and 02 Fuchsia Libre which is in the middle of a subtle berry tone and a bold pink and is slowly becoming my favourite (just give it time). 
I haven'y got round it purchasing 05 Red Island and 06 Plum Russian but don't you worry your little cotton socks they will be in my collection shortly.

Do you have a Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon?
If so what is your favourite? If not what is your favourite lip crayon?
toodle-pip me lovelies 


Beth xxx

2 comments:

SEJ Secc said...

I absolutely love these- orange punch is my fav, I end up reaching for it almost every day!
Sian x

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! it is my most used at the moment but as I said above Fuchsia Libre is slowly becoming my fave :D
Beth x