Thursday 10 April 2014

Real Techniques - The Core Collection

On Tuesday I ventured into town to get my chelsea boots reheeled and whilst waiting I had a little mooch around my favourite drugstore, that right Boots!
It is obvious that I have no self control what so ever when it comes to beauty products (oops). But due to my latest body shop purchase my new set of Real Techniques brushes were more of an necessity than a desire.
So with my new purchase of the Real Techniques Core Collection it brings my RT brushes up to a total of 11. 
So the Core Collection comes with 4 base brushes the Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush and Buffing Brush. 



There are many purposes for these brushes but I'll tell you want I find them most useful for. So I tend to use my contour brush for bronzer but it is a really great shape for highlighter. I use the pointed foundation brush for concealer as it is bigger than your average concealer brush so it is so easy to blend the under eye concealer in and overall it makes applying you concealer a hell of a lot easier. The way I use the detailer brush is to apply a highlight to the inner corner/tear duct area as it is the perfect shape to get right in there. Lastly I know the buffing brush is meant to be great for foundation but I feel it applies your setting powder amazingly you get an even finish without it  looking cakey either.


Even though I have only had these brushes in my collection for only a few short days but it makes applying my make-up ten times easier now so I give the collection 4.5 stars as I'm not a huge fan of the detailer brush as I only highlight my inner corners on special occasions. If anyone can give me a suggestion on how else to use the detailer brush let me know

What is your favourite Real Techniques brush?
toodle-pip me lovelies 

Beth xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favourite is the powder brush :-)

Helen x

www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

oh i really want to try the powder brush, I've heard so many good things about it
Beth xx