Sunday 13 April 2014

Les Miserables - The Westend Theatre Production

After watching last nights Britain's Got Talent and seeing the boy band Collabro perform a beautiful rendition of Javert's Suicide; it got dad and I thinking back to October when we went to see Les Miserables on the West End.

In August 2013 I decided to buy tickets for Dad and I to see Les Miserables at the West End for his birthday as the two of us enjoy it so much!
Back in the early Summer of 2013 dad had showed me the 'I Dreamed A Dream' that Fantine tells and after the beautiful song had finished I was immediately online to watch the 2.5 hour movie version. Ever since seeing it has become one of my all time favourite musical films. One thing I loved about the movie was that all the music was performed live so all the actors could change up their acting choices on each take. 
Anyway I sidetracked, after watching it was the sixth time watching it that summer and still unsure on to get my dad for his birthday and not any birthday his 40th. So I knew it had to be something special when the idea to buy tickets for the two of us to see our favourite musical at the west end! 
It must have been the hardest secret for me to keep from my dad as I just wanted to blurt it out every time I saw him. But I did keep the secret indeed and when his birthday came around we were equally as excited (eek!).


The day had finally rolled around and I don't think I've seen so excited for something before. It was an early start we must have left at atleast 9 am as the show was at 2.30 on the Saturday. We did a bit of shopping headed to Superdry and Selfridges after having breakfast at Garfunkel's. We also went to the Natural History Museum to kill some time and ended up having a great laugh then we finally headed to Shaftsbury Avenue and grabbed a McDonalds (which I've never eaten so quickly before) before heading in the theatre.

The show was absolutely brilliant! If you watch any of Carrie Fletcher's YouTube videos on her channel It'sWayPastMyBedtime you would know she is currently in Les Mis as Eponine which got me really excited and she was extraordinary she brought me to tears during 'On My Own'. After the last line of the show was sung I've never seen a standing ovation so big in my life. Everyone in the theatre was on their feet in awe of what they just saw, applauding the amazing cast and if any of the other people attending the show were like me and dad then they were wiping away the tears of all emotions they were experiencing. 
If you haven't even seen the 2012 movie rendition of Les Mis I highly recommend that you watch it now and if you have seen it then I recommend seeing it live even more.
The show is beautiful in every single way, in every act, scene and song. Plus the majority of the musical and film in sung instead of spoken which is so refreshing to watch. I couldn't possibly say any more good things about this musical but you should come to our own opinion so get watching!


have you ever seen Les Mis?
what is your favourite song/scene?
toodle-pip me lovelies 


Beth xxx

No comments: