Wednesday 23 April 2014

My TBR Jar

Good Evening my peeps! (I'm just trying out something new, go with it). So I got this little idea from the lovely Christina from the channel Little Book Owl on YouTube.


The only reason I decided to do it was because I have some many books and e-books I want to read/re-read and I don't know which book to choose. Some books I've had for years and never got round to reading and likewise with my e-books. For example I've had the Girl Who trilogy by Stieg Larsson on my kindle since I first got my kindle almost 2 years ago (woops). 


The combination of my physical copies of book and my kindle bookshelf is so overwhelming with a grand total of 153 books. As you can imagine choosing the next book to read is a task in itself. Enter my TBR jar! I wrote all the names of the books I want to read and re-read and chucked them into this recycled dolmio jar (preserving the Earth!)I'm going to start this once I've finished reading the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series because damn those books! Anyway the plan is to pick out a slip of paper and that will be the next book I read. However if I happen to pick a sequel or a book further on that series, I will put that piece of paper back in the jar and read the first book of said series.

But if I pick a book that I really don't want to read I'm going to either delete it off my kindle or donate the book to charity and then pick another. 
This way it makes my book reading less of a hassle and my TBR pile starts to decrease quicker.

do you guys like the sound of a TBR jar?
what books are you currently reading?
I might even add that book to my TBR pile
toodle-pip me lovelies 


Beth xxx

No comments: