Monday 7 April 2014

Weekend Haul

So this weekend the mumma and I went on a little shopping trip to Milton Keynes and we did a little bit of shopping of course. So we started the day with a little spot of breakfast in Patisserie Valerie. Mum had eggs Benedict with a standard white coffee and I had a lovely fruit salad with my favourite Peach ice tea (yum!).

We headed to L'Occitaine and grabbed mum's shampoo (I know all the things in L'Occitaine and she buys shampoo).

 After L'Occitaine we took to The Body Shop which is one of my all time favourite stores. I wasn't actually planning on buying anything from there but mumma was she only picked up her All in One Face Base in shade 05 and headed to the till. The woman serving us quickly informed mum is was buy one get one half price on everything in stores so mum being mum she picked up the All in One BB Cream in 03 and then I saw at the counter the passion fruit body butter on sale for a fiver (not like I need another body butter) then with my body shop loyalty card I could receive 10% if I spend over £10 and with the buy one get one half price that meant I could buy the one makeup product from the body shop I have wanted for ages the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in shade 01 (because I am quite pale), YAY!!!

The Body Shop Body Butter in Passion Fruit £5.00

So the body shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder is perfect for girls with pale skin, because I don't know about you but I have had problems finding a bronzer that doesn't make me look like I put orange crayon over my cheek bones instead of bronzer. The struggle has been real until Miss Essie Button found the product and ever since I've wanted it safely in my collection.
The bronzer itself has a hexagonal pattern imprinted onto the pressed powder which emphasises the honey name and retails for £13.00 full price. Also because the Honey Bronzer was made for people with pale skin you can build it to give you the look you desire and it multiuse as well you can use it as a eyeshadow if you don't like wearing bold colours.

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 01 - £13.00

We headed to Boots next but originally in the search for Vera Wang's Pink Princess which they didn't have in stock (sad face). Anyway I compensated for a Rimmel London Apocalips in Luna which is a soft Coral/Orange because I cannot resist buying anything coral colours (hehe). The apocalips lip lacques if you didn't know already are a liquid lipstick and because I'm slowing getting into wearing a bolder lip colour I thought I'd start off with something in between a lip gloss and lipstick and hey presto that's is what the apocalips are! They also have a doe-foot applicator which makes putting it on a hell of a lot easier and less time-consuming than using a lipstick brush. With only using it for a couple of days I can say the wear time isn't fantastic (well not with Luna) and I found myself reapplying once or twice (actually that is to be expected so ignore me). Luna is the perfect starting colour if you only getting into lip colours so go get you some.


Rimmel London Apocalips in Luna £6.49




And obviously it isn't a successful Beth shopping trip without purchasing an Essie nail polish which brings the Essie count up to 12 the newest little edition is Blanc now any pastel collection is not complete without a white in there and that's is my validation for buying Blanc so really it was a necessity (I'm glad you agree). Besides the perks of a having a while nail polish is that it goes with everyday!


Essie Blanc £7.99

After all this beauty buying I headed off to New Look and mum went to Superdry to get my bro a little something. My original plan was to buy two new swing tops and get out but no they only had 1 colour swing top in there and that was the cream one, highly disappointed New Look - get it together! I still got it because I'm obsessed with this style of cami and the moment. However, I'm thankful for this otherwise I wouldn't have found my new lace periwinkle top which is beautiful may I add! Now just a new statement necklace to go with it me thinks. 

Please excuse the lighting and the black bra...
New Look Lace Periwinkle Top £9.99
New Look Cream Swing Top £9.99
Just as we were leaving MK we stopped off at Ed's Diner and grabbed one of their thick shakes each I had Banana and Peanut Butter and Mum had Nutella, yum!

anyway this way a long post for only 6 items but there we have it
did you go shopping at the weekend?
if so what new things have you purchased
toodle-pip me lovelies 

Beth xxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

aww wow you got so many lovely things, im really jealous! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/you-can-follow-me-on-instagram-starting.html xx

Unknown said...

The Passion Fruit range at Body Shop, smells incredible! I literally want to eat it :p!
Some lovely items you brought :D

Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
xo

Unknown said...

I don't think my bank account is very jealous hehe
Beth xx

Unknown said...

Same here, I'm in the middle of working my way through the grapefruit one at the moment, so excited to use the passion fruit one
Beth xx